The Aftermath

So it’s been 14 just over weeks since I found out the truth about William Allen Jordan, his lies, his deceit and all about his sordid past.  My world had abruptly collapsed all around me in February of 2014.  In March I decided that I needed to do something about it in order to stop it and I started talking to connections and friends to ask their connections as to what steps I could do, what rights I had and how could I get this monster stopped in the short-term.  Mary Turner Thomson, Jordan’s second wife whom he was married to while still married to his first wife, was of a great help to me in many ways.  She put me in touch with a production company that was producing a 10 part series to be aired on the Discovery Channel in the UK and Sky1 in the UK and one of the parts was done on Will Jordan.  I did a brief Skype interview with them just to update their story.  That turned into being put in touch with another production company who wants to do a full length documentary on this man and the wide-spread of victims and damage he has left in his wake.

While I continued to pretend with WIll Jordan that we could “work it out” I continued to seek out the legal avenues I had against him. I knew I wanted to stop him but knew that the last victim that tried to get him arrested, he got tipped off and fled to Mexico for a month where he scammed another poor woman and once she fount out the truth he came back to the United States to prey on others, I’m sure.  So meeting after meetings, I would secretly record our conversations knowing that at some point he would say something that would really be incriminating or at least a near confession and on more than one instance, I got it.

I was working with my local authorities, giving them evidence, bank records, text messages, emails, telling them my story which took hours and hours start to finish.  I would take his stories and verify it with his exes to see if the stories were true.  They were able to validate what was true, what was partially true and what was out-and-out lies.  The first 6 weeks went by ok.  After that it started to become more and more exhausting to deal with him. Trying to keep ahead of his thought process, while keeping everything as close to the same as it used to be between us, things I would say, routines that we had, all the while trying to not give my true feelings of anger and near hatred away when we were together.  Sometimes he would say things that I knew were out-and-out lies because either Mary or one of his other exes would have told me what the true story was and I had to hide the infection of my voice that was skeptical. Sometimes, I couldn’t help but goad him and tell him that so-and-so had told me x-y-z already and what was his take on the same situation.  I would hear his side of the story but absolutely never believed a single word that came out of his mouth.  The last two weeks of the set up I was really getting increasingly panicked about him.  I was emotionally and physically spent.  Several other things had gone on around me as well which were deeply emotionally tragic and dealing with my feelings and supporting some people very special to me while really coming to terms with my own loss was becoming unbearable.

Finally one day the police called me and without the entire case completed, they went to the judge to present it physically instead of via phone.  The case was so complicated and really needed to be seen and not heard so they took the chance in order to get the probable cause order for the charges in order to obtain a warrant for his arrest.  I kept in touch daily with Jordan.  As long as my phone buzzed with his messages daily, I knew he wasn’t on the run. I signed my complaint, warrants were issued, spoke with the judge about a temporary restraining order and then the plan to get him arrested started to take shape.

The next day we agreed to meet and without going into too many details, the police closed in and cuffed him.  He stared me down from across the street where I was and I couldn’t take his intimidation so I ran into the store behind me packing the aisles like a maniac.  i am sure that the employees must have thought that I was s shoplifter or kind of shady.  A female officer came in to talk to me after Jordan was handcuffed and he was evidently trying to say that it was all a mistake, that we were working it out and having a baby (none of which is correct by his knowledge).  She told me she didn’t know what was going on as she had just been dispatched there.  She sat me in the back of her car and I just lost it.  I absolutely lost it to her and kept saying “I can’t believe it’s over” repeatedly.  I was shaking and sobbing all at once. My local police then took him away and I felt immense relief.

I called a friend who lived nearby and also Donna Andersen of also drove up to me to cover the story for the DailyMail. We went out to some coffee so that I could just settle myself down, get some much-needed support and hugs and kind of just wind myself down before I went back home.  I knew he was going for processing in my town and then off to the county jail.  I wanted to waste as much time as I possibly could so that he would be out of my town limits before I went back to them.

I went home and felt like the whole day was surreal.  He left a folder in my car that day that I was told was ok to look through since it was left in my own car.  In it was receipts for bank deposits, retail receipts for days that he had told me that his mother was in the hospital for blood pressure observation and another day that his dad needed some sort of surgical procedure.  Based on the date and timestamps of the receipts I found, none of those stories were true.  I did, however see that the kids in Cherry Hill were back in school (this was the week of Easter Sunday) and realized that they had off of school the week before whereas my daughter had off of school the week after.  Then the realization hit me.  His primary relationship probably has kids who were off of school the week BEFORE Easter/Passover and was spending his time with her and possibly her kids.  It was the first time since I had confronted him that he had deliberately broken plans with me.  That, coupled with the fact that a friend of mine had seen him coming out of the Moorestown Mall in March or April and got into an older model white car with an older blonde woman in it.   When I questioned him about this he said that he had to run to Sears to purchase a faucet as he was renovating a bathroom for a woman his dad works with.  At the time I didn’t question it to him but my friend said that he was coming out of the food court entrance which is at the opposite side of the mall, so his story absolutely didn’t wash as Sears has multiple entrances of its own.  So I know that there is at least that woman.

It’s been nearly 6 weeks since he was arrested.  I know that I am sleeping safer, I’m not stalking my phone every day in anxious anticipation to see if he shows up or doesn’t show up.  I am not spending as many days awake for 30+ hours because I worked all night, spent all day with him, went home to be a mom to my kids and then was so exhausted I couldn’t get to sleep until after midnight sometimes. I’m not inconstant suspicion of his lies, questioning his whereabouts or pleading for him to do more as a loving partner.  I am letting go of my sorrow, letting go of some of the hurt and anger and trying to find myself in all of this.  I know that I will never be the Mischele I was before I met him. I need to find out who the new me is.  I know it’s going to be very, very hard for me to trust people, especially men, in the future.  I do realize that not all men are like William Jordan.  My rational side says that this is a very unique and unexpected situation.  However my emotional side wonders if I’ll ever be able to pick up the fragile shards of my heart, my psyche, my self esteem to even put together something that vaguely resembles who I was.  I know it’s only been a short time and with the whole legal process in front of me, I know that it’s not going to go away overnight.  It’s going to be a long road ahead, but I will figure it out as I go along and keep you guys all apprised of how it’s going.  Please, feel free to post your comments, your ideas or even your own stories.  Sharing is empowering!


6 thoughts on “The Aftermath

    • He was arrested for 2nd degree sexual assault (essentially rape by deception since his ENTIRE existence to me was false), 3rd degree theft by deception (for getting money out of me for “security clearance” for his job so that we could have open communication) and 4th degree impersonating a government official. He has been in jail for 6 weeks today.

      • Wow~ I wish you all the best on your healing journey! There needs to be more women like you making these people held accountable.

      • Thank you so much! THe world needs more of us to stand up for this obscure law and tell the world that being conned by a psychopath where they given you an ideal world but then not proof of that world is just wrong beyond belief. I’m not saying the businessman who meets a woman and has a one night stan with her or has a couple week fling with her while telling her he is single is the same. There has to be parameters and guidelines to meet. But in terms of my stories and many other’s stories, it’s really important to have legislation out there to stop these pepole from prettying on vulnerable women.

      • I wish the legal system felt the same way. I am finding if you don’t fight for yourself, few people will. It hasn’t been easy, it will not continue to be easy but I hope in the end it’s all worth it.

  1. It will be worth it! Just the simple fact alone that you exposed this man for what he truly is! And…think of all the women you ‘saved’ him from!!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s