After months of filming, my Datline NBC episode aired to 6.74 million viewers across the country. I live tweeted during the boardcast, In an hour my social media blew up to proportions I couldn’t imagine. This blog received nearly 5,000 views, multiple comments. My facebook page received hundreds of comments and texts poured in constantly. The large marjority of the feedback was positive with a percentage of people who only focused on the negative and COMPLETELY lost the whole purpose of the show which was to educate men and women in the deceptive practices of sociopathic con artists, expose the country to William Allen Jordan as a person and hopefully find new victims who can create new cases against him to get him off the streets away from humanity for as much and as long as possible to minimize his impact on women and children. There were people who just judged me on the termination alone – some stating they had turned it off when they heard that. Like really? Last I checked this country was a free one and I had the right to choose. I spent a long time trying to explain my motive, my reasons and what a difficult choice it was at the time until I was blue bue people are going to hold firmly onto their long held beliefs and not amount of deductive reasoning will ever sway them. Then there was the majority of people who said I missed obvious red flags, was desperate, naive, stupid, idiotic, etc. Let me tell you folks, I’m not losing sleep over your opinions of me. There are 6 billion people in this world and the input of a few hundred to a thousand really don’t rank really high on my give a shit meter. Dateline and I filmed over 7 hours of footage, my interview with Dennis Murphy being almost 4 hours by itself if not longer. It was a whole year’s worth of information that had to be crammed down to 40 minutes of television so there is no way the whole entire story with every little detail explain and told. Even in this blog I don’t even have all of the details because I’m saving that for the book where I can go more in depth with the details, my thoughts and feelings. Here are some FAQ’s that came up repeatedly:
- Some people were confused and thought that I continued to let Jordan be around my children after I found out he was a child molester – false. He never stepped foot in my house or near my kids again after that.
- That I didn’t go to the authorities when I found out he was a child molester – partial truth. I didn’t get the police inovlved for a couple of weeks becuase I just didn’t know where to start and was building evidence to go to the authorities and I had made a call to the Burlington County Prosecutor’s office 2 weeks after I found out. It’s not like you can just go to the police with these kinds of accusations and no proof or else they will just laugh you out of the station. I wanted to be sure and positive that charges wouldn’t get thrown out.
- I failed report him as a sex offender – false. His conviction was in the UK and when he was deported here, he didn’t have to list as a Megan’s Law offender. I am working with the Camden County Proesecutor’s Office who is working with the US Marshals office to get him listed. There is a process to everything and everything takes time.
- I was desperate – false. I haven’t been in a relationshp since then, so if I’m so depserate why am I not hopping man to man?
- That I was not selective with who I sleep with – false. Jordan and I didn’t take our relationship physical for months and the pregnancy was planned at the time. It’s not like I was some promiscuous floozy who was reckless, this was a choice that we had made together but with me obviously not having all of the facts as to the identity of Jordan.
- That I was naive and didn’t do a check – false. I paid for a background check based on the information that I had and of course nothing came up. Why? Because Liam Allen didn’t exist like all of his other alias identies. It’s why I am so adamant about publishing all of his aliases as I get them so that he can’t hide behind them anymore.
- That I’m naive – possibly. Is anyone in this life perfect? Has nobody ever been lied to? Perhaps not to this kind of an extent, but when you love someone you tend to trust them and take them at their word. Until that point I have never experience anyone who was just so willful and spiteful to want to purposely deceive people without flinching and making ti seem so natural. You all saw the footage – his mannerisms were so natural and matter of fact. He always had an air of confidence in everything he said as if it was the gospel truth. Until the very end, why would i have a reason to not believe or trust someone who was begging me to put blind faith in them?
- I was a vigilante out for revenge – false. I was out for justice. If I just moved on after finding out what I did, what purpose would that solve? Put my head in the sand and make it someone else’s problem? Let him molest another child, let him scam another single mom, impregnant another impressionalbe girl with a baby that he’ll never take care of? I don’t know any of the vitcims in the US who came before me as they traveled their own road with him and have their own reasons and purposes for not having him prosecuted, but if one of them would have taken this road, it wouldn’t have happened to me. I hope that I have empowered other women to stand strong and firm against men who take advantage of them and not be ashamed of what happened but let it be a cautionary tale.
Another thing was the rape/sex by fraud/deception. Ok, we filmed Dateline last summer and at the time I was calling it rape by fraud. When it was first introduced to the assembly of New Jersey, it was called rape by deception but a lot of people were “offended” by that term, so it has been changed to sex by fraud or sex by deception. Relax people, it’s just semantics. It’s not meant to offend people or dismiss people who have been victims of traumatic rape, but not giving knowing consent to the person you are sleeping with is STILL RAPE. When did lying so badly to a sexual partner became OK in this country? When did this become permissible? I am here to tell you that I am not going anywhere with this idea and will work on changing the views of how people view sex by deception and egregious lying for the sake of sex. It’s NEVER OK and I received a lot of emails and facebook messages from people who told me their own stories and supported the idea of rape by deception because they felt violated too. But guess what? Like traumatic rape NOBODY TALKS ABOUT IT and I’m here to keep the dialogue open and going in this country.
I was up nearly all night long Sunday night replying to every single person who messaged, emailed or contacted me through the blog. I felt the need to do it, especially if someone had the good graces to take time out of their life to search me and send me a message, especially to lend support, tell me their stories or just to lift me up with their prayers. Know I read all of them and replied to every one that I got. I sincerely thank you from the bottom of my heart and appreciate that there was more support than criticism. To update everyone, 2 past victims have come forward to me which only just validates that what I did was the right thing. So to all of the naysayers, stick it. He told one girl that he was a pediatric doctor working for the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and she even met him there for lunch in the cafeteria. He had what seemed to be hospital supplied scrubs. A victim from a few months ago said he told her he was a pediatric trauma nurse in Philadelphia and apparent sent her the same photo of him in scrubs. One victim said he often had hundreds if not thousands of dollars in cash on him (probably victim money) and she never paid for anything, but then there are those like me that he did nothing but take and take and take. Here is the offending scrub photo:
Another victim who came forward from a few years ago said they met when he was a mail room file clerk for a company that is local. Obviously this man has a variety of “jobs” but in reality nothing is ever more than entry level as evidenced by him working at Macy’s in the Cherry Hill Mall just before Christmas. Yeah, he lost that job becuase he was recognized so much and people reported him.
A disturbing fact came forward to me recently – he has been spending his weekends in Vermont, around the vicinity of Brattleboro or thereabouts. I am sure that he is trolling for a new sweetheart if he hasn’t found one already in order to con before he goes back to jail next week. He may be wanting to escape the local news here and go somewhere he doens’t think he will be recognized, so if you know someone in Vermont, in that area, share and share and share about this man. He needs to not be able to escape prosecution next week (the 6th), not that Dateline doesn’t air coast to coast, in perpetuity of reruns anyway.
For those who couldn’t view the Dateline NBC episode live, here is a link to view it whenever you want and as many times as you want as well as to share it, especially with friend and family living in the Northeast.
Until next time…